about 1 year ago
Help us to deliver a world-class Strategic Highway Network at North Lanarkshire (G67 2TF).
If you are looking for a change in direction and to truly progress your career then consider Amey.
The Amey Scotland Highways team we provide street lighting maintenance works to several contracts throughout Scotland which will incorporate winter maintenance standby as and when required
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the position of Highways Maintenance Operative based at Blair Linn depot Cumbernauld
Think that this is for you? Then do read on…..
What will this role involve?
You will work as part of a team and undertake the installation of temporary traffic management and all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities; minor civils’ works, attending incidents and operating the winter fleet just to name a few helping to deliver a first class service for our clients in Scotland.
* Maintain high technical standards
* Attend project and work briefings as required
* Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
* Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, litter picking
* Winter maintenance operations (driving salt spreaders/snow ploughs)
* Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
* Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
* Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
* Record Drivers' hours
* Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
* To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
* Working shifts – much of our work can only be carried out at night, so you will be expected to work a shirt pattern that includes night work.
What are we looking for?
* Team player
* Willing to learn and develop new skills
* Self-motivated and positive attitude
* Good communication skills
* Committed with ambition to progress
* Sound awareness of health and safety
* Highway maintenance/construction background
* HGV licence
* Winter Maintenance Experience and/or City and Guilds qualification
* Appropriate qualification to industry – CSCS, Lantra, CITB
* Traffic Management qualifications/experience
* Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
* Small tools and plant usage experience