4 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
A typical week would include:
* Inspection of highway infrastructure (walked detailed, safety and general inspections of carriageways drainage and street furniture, visual inspection of Bridge joints).
* NRSWA including Section 81 defects.
* Collection of inventory updates and recording, via Symology and in-house systems.
* Assessment and ordering remedial works using computerised ordering system.
* Assessment, and supervision of routine and cyclic maintenance works.
* Night time inspections of infrastructure and contractors work. Day time if required.
* Checking and monitoring of stock levels
* Quality management, application and monitoring of the quality system.
* Health & safety, application, control and monitoring of safety management systems.
* Liaison with emergency services, Transport for London, local highway authorities, and as instructed by the Client, members of the public on operational matters.
* Supervision, monitoring and management of contractors.
* Night time lamp scouts and reporting.
* Be a proactive team member, work closely with colleagues to provide a quality output.
* Any other duties commensurate with the role.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
Knowledge / Experience
* Previous experience in highway maintenance operations essential.
* Working knowledge of relevant TD documents and other Highways documentation i.e TRMM, Chapter 8, Chapter 5 etc.)
Technical / Business Skills / Ability
* Effective written and oral skills to produce reports and communicate to the public and local council officers.
* Good IT and computer skills able to communicate by email and use software packages for word processing and spreadsheets.
* Good diary and record keeping.
* Able to read drawings to locate defects on the highway.
* Willing to work unsociable hours, weekends and Public Holidays.
* Flexible in their approach and able and willing to assist and support other team members.
* Able to work without supervision and to seek advice when necessary
* Able to work to deadlines
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.