4 months ago
Becoming a Highways Inspector with Re:
We are looking for Highways Inspectors undertaking Safety Inspections, Auditing of Contractors Works, Insurance Inspections and Crossover functions in order to effectively and efficiently meet the Councils Network Management duties.
What you will do:
* Operate within a team of Highway Inspectors undertaking Safety Inspections, Insurance Inspections and Crossover functions in order to effectively and efficiently meet the Councils Network Management duties.
* Auditing of completed works undertaken by the Highways Term Contractor.
* Assist the Senior Highways Inspector to ensure that the Inspections and other operations are carried out in accordance with documented procedures and in compliance with recommended codes of practice and to agreed timescales.
* Ensure the cost effective and efficient co-ordination of required works identified through the inspections including making effective use of internal resources and external contractors as needed.
* Effectively oversee the works carried out by third party contractors and the Authority to ensure compliance with regard to instructions, specifications, timescales and quality of works.
* Assist in minimising claims and litigation opportunities by fully documenting all observations from site visits/investigations and ensuring appropriate actions are taken in accordance with documented procedures.
* Assist the Senior Highways Inspector in developing procedure documents which clearly define operational process and procedures.
* Assist the Senior Highways Inspector in producing reports as required that demonstrates that process and procedures are being complied with.
Your experience will include:
* An understanding of specialist highway IT packages used for highway network management
* Experience of using IT software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
* Proven track record of monitoring highway works
* Ability to engage with Senior Officials internally and within Partner/Contractor/Utility organisations
* NRSWA Supervision accreditation
* Good knowledge of current legislation
* Member/associate member of a professional institution (Desirable)
* Substantial experience in local government (Desirable)
* Experience in highway engineering and/or management (Desirable)
* Experience of supervising contractors (Desirable)
Re is an innovative joint venture with Capita and the London Borough of Barnet that is helping to design, create, shape and grow sustainable places we all want to live in. It was set up in 2013 to improve and deliver a range of property, development and regulatory services to local authorities and commercial organisations. Since Re began we have invested significantly in our communities and our people; we’ve created over 40 new jobs, received national awards, and delivered a number of high profile local planning, highways and development projects that have made the area a more attractive place to live and work. We’d love you to join our venture and help us achieve even more.
RE are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs.
In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the council’s growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections.
The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnet’s complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re.
From construction to completion; our highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities.
The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |