5 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of Local Authority experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for Norfolk.
As a Team Manager you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects delivered externally by the wider WSP and Sub Consultants to support the Norfolk County Council works programme. Ensuring the works are delivered on programme, within budget and to the agreed standard, including Major Transportation Projects and and any other associated key projects.
A key role will be to work with the Client to identify projects and agree the project briefs. Once briefs are established identify suitable project delivery teams and project managers as required from within the wider WSP offices, co-ordinate all estimates and briefs and liaise with the Client regarding our offer. The Team manager will also take ownership of the financial reporting of projects to both the Client and the Commission Manager by ensuring project managers set up, provide progress reports and manage projects correctly, invoice on time and that PFT is completed by all project managers. Ensuring that all financial changes to projects are completed effectively and in accordance with the Contract. The role will also involve the management of the Norfolk pipeline for buyins.
The team manager is responsible for the delivery of large and complex transport schemes in the County, from concept through to design, procurement and construction and all the associated client liaison. You will work alongside the Norfolk Commission Manager to ensure the Norfolk Portfolio of work is delivered effectively.
A typical week would include:
* Utilise a sound understanding of highway projects and design to coordinate between various project team members;
* Ensure Project Managers develop robust project management plans including project scope, baseline programme, fee estimate, roles and responsibilities and technical review requirements;
* Develop and implement risk management strategies;
* Ensure Project Managers manage programmes with tracking of the critical path, available float and milestone monitoring;
* Manage monthly progress meetings and steering group meetings, produce weekly and monthly reports, give presentations, take minutes and prepare agendas;
* Identify and liaise with remote specialists from our wider network of expert teams;
* Develop stakeholder relationships to facilitate easier diplomacy, negotiating and conflict resolution;
* Develop a strong collaborative relationship with the Norfolk County Council;
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A minimum of 5 years professional experience in project management;
* A degree in civil engineering or a relevant discipline specialising in Transport planning; and
* Experience of Local Authority working.
* Your skills should include:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence peers;
* Computer literate; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
* Ability to manage complex situations without supervision;
* Effective time management and strong organisational and planning skills; and
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* You behaviours should include:
* Enjoys accountability and ownership for service delivery;
* Regularly contributes ideas, innovations and efficiencies;
The role will be primarily based in County Hall in Norwich; however, it is expected that there will be a requirement to travel to other WSP offices as required.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.