6 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
The role of the Highways Agreement Engineer is to manage the process to facilitate works on the highway constructed for new developments (Section 278 agreements), monitor and record finances, assisting with / undertake technical audits of new works, and deliver the local highway authority’s duties and powers working with developers, the County Council’s legal representatives and other technical teams related to developer’s works on the highway within the Development Management Team.
A typical week would include:
* Document preparation including production of drawings
* Administering and managing the Section 278, (S278) process including assisting preparation of legal agreements
* Liaison and negotiation with developers, consultants and legal representatives
* Calculation of bond and surety values in support of legal processes
* Determination of scope of commuted sums and calculation of values
* Instructing / undertaking Technical Audits of S278 submissions Instruct Site Inspectors to inspect works for technical compliance etc.
* Maintaining electronic records in relation to S278 works including all databases
* Issuing practical completion and final certificates in accordance with the agreement
* Coordinating with the Traffic Order Team any Traffic Regulation Order and Traffic Regulation Notices required to facilitate a proposal
* Providing financial control of the S278 process and report on balances
* Monitoring budgets for income and expenditure
* Carrying out site visits to ensure compliance with approved drawings and requirements of the agreement
* Providing support to the highways adoption team as required
* Providing financial and other support to other service disciplines within Northamptonshire Highways
* Responding to customer enquiries from the public, Councillors and Members of Public as appropriate.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* An HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
* Experience of working in a technical team environment
* Experience of legal processes
* Commitment to a high level of customer care
* Working knowledge of GIS mapping systems
* Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
* High level of knowledge of financial monitoring systems
* Ability to communicate with a wide and diverse range of people
* Good standard of written communication
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us
KierWSP is the operating name of a Highways Services Joint Venture between Kier and WSP.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.