20 days ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide wide range administrative support services to an operational contract or functional team.
What will this role involve?
* Undertake general ‘team’ administrative duties as and when required
* Data input on to asset management systems
* Share information to ensure customer needs are met
* Maintain office systems in an orderly manner
* Receives and disseminates information to other team members to ensure service delivery
* Assist with the delivery of services to the client Input to and maintain spread sheets/databases/systems and produce and collate reports
* Raise purchase orders and arrange payment of invoices
* Process and handle confidential information with discretion
What are we looking for?
* Education to GCSE level or equivalent
* Previous experience within a Highways or Street lighting role preferred
* Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications
* Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
* Previous experience of working in a generalist administration/business support role
* Friendly and professional manner
* Conscientious and confident approach to duties with a polite, pleasant and helpful attitude
* Flexible and adaptable
* Good verbal and written communication
* A proactive, conscientious and confident approach
* Experience/use of MS Word and MS Excel
What makes this role unique?
You will maintain and update records within various management information systems.