about 1 year ago
Due to continued success in Highways services for Kent County Council, we have multiple opportunities available for Highways Maintenance Operatives. The HMO will join teams of 16-20 and plays a key role in the delivery of best in class highways services for our client and the success of the projects.
We are currently looking for experienced Highways Maintenance Operatives for our Kent depots from one end of the county to the other based at Sandwich, Faversham, Ashford, Aylesford, Swanley and Haysden (Tonbridge).
What makes this role unique?
Working as part of a 2 or 3 man mobile team to support the delivery of Highway Maintenance works across the whole of Kent. Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civils’ works, and installation of temporary traffic management on both low and high speed roads.
In addition successful applicants will be required to support our winter maintenance operations over the season from October to April, as well as out of hour’s emergency call out throughout the year. Both of these duties will include out of hours works.
What will this role involve?
* Maintain high technical standards
* Attend project and work briefings as required
* Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
* To undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, the installation of temporary traffic managemenUndertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, litter picking
* To participate in out of hours winter maintenance and emergency call out and standby
* Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
* Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
* Record Drivers' hours
* To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
* Undertake the full range of maintenance tasks from the carriageway and footway patching/surfacing to paving and kerbing works.
* Class C license or a C1 and willing to training to class C
* Driver CPC
* Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
* Good communication skills
* NRSWA Modules 1 – 9
* Lantra NHSS 12A or 12A/B (For traffic management operatives)
* Abrasive Wheels
* Banksman Slinger
* CAT Scanner (Highways)
* Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
* Manual Handling
* Medicals - Other