about 1 year ago
We currently have multiple vacancies for Highways Maintenance Operative on our Kent depots from one end of the county to the other based at Ashford, Tonbridge, Sandwich, Faversham, Aylesford, Swanley and Haysden (Tonbridge).
This is an exciting opportunity for a HMO to join teams of 10-20 Operatives and be responsible for maintenance and improvement of current Kent County roads. This HMO plays a key role in the delivery of best in class service for our client. For further development with this role the successful candidate could possibly move onto a PST (Pre-Site Technician) position or Depot Supervisor depending on experience or another part of Amey depending on their career path preferred.
What will this role involve?
* Maintain high technical standards
* Attend project and work briefings as required
* Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
* To undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, the installation of temporary traffic managemenUndertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, litter picking
* To participate in out of hours winter maintenance and emergency call out and standby
* Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
* Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
* Record Drivers' hours
* To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What is the purpose of this role?
* Participate in winter maintenance duties in and out of Hours, emergency call out to make safe incidents.
* Highway Maintenance activities sign – bollard installation, pothole – patching repairs, kerbing, slabbing, footway construction, minor schemes, drainage repairs, vegetation clearance , siding of footways etc
What are we looking for?
* HGV Class 2 license including driver CPC
* Problem solving skills
* Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
* Good communication skills
* NRSWA Modules 1 – 9
* Lantra NHSS 12A or 12A/B (For traffic management operatives)
* Abrasive Wheels
* Banksman Slinger
* CAT Scanner (Highways)
* Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
* Manual Handling
* Medicals - Other