5 months ago
Think big, create better
Amey Consulting’s Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Our teams work on both major design projects and local network improvements and undertake services on national to local frameworks; including those with Highways England Area 10,13 and 14 accounts to Wales and Borders – Amey Keolis and the Midlands Highways Alliance (MHA).
We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
Due to an increased workload, we are looking to recruit a Highways Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Highways design team, providing effective support and assistance to the senior engineers and team leaders on a variety of highways schemes.
Based in central Birmingham, our international design hub offers a unique opportunity to be involved in schemes from inception to completion not just nationally but internationally; an unprecedented opportunity to work with a wide range of clients including but by no means limited to: Local Authorities including the Midlands Highways Alliance Framework, Highways England, Transport for Wales (TfW) and many more. Recent key projects include:
Recent key projects include:
* A66 Trans Pennines
* M27 Junction 3 Major access point
* Wales & Borders Highways and Structures Feasibility Design for TfW
* Eastern Primary Major Investment Programme – Telford & Wrekin
* Electric Rapid Transit – Derby City
* Strategic Bus Corridors – Derby City
* Various Cycle improvement schemes for several local authorities
We strongly encourage the development towards a professional qualification with a recognised Institution and pride ourselves on mentoring engineers. We can offer significant support towards Chartership, and you will be rewarded with a bonus of up to £5k on completion.
In a typical week you will:
* Take technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of highway design solutions for civil engineering works at preliminary and detailed design stages, providing support to Senior Engineers.
* Manage fee for your own individual schemes, identifying change notifications for any change of scope imposed.
* Lead Graduates and Technicians in preparing design solutions for civil engineering projects at preliminary and detailed design stages.
* Work on progressing towards your professional institution
* Drive effective health and safety practices within your Team
We want to hear from you if:
* You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
* You have completed (or agree to) a formal training agreement leading towards Chartered Engineer status as defined by the Engineering Council and agreed a realistic programme towards achieving professional qualification, or alternatively have achieved Incorporated Engineer status as defined by the Engineering Council
* Have an appreciation of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
* You can demonstrate developing experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in an Assistant Engineer role or equivalent
* You can produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements, working under supervision
* You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
* You can demonstrate an understanding of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.