about 1 month ago
Dates that interviews will take place
Interviews to be confirmed shortly
£15.50 per hour
Summary of vacancy
Do you have a recognised HGV Technician apprenticeship or a City & Guilds HGV parts 1, 2 & 3 qualification (or equivalent)? We are looking for a HGV Technician to join us in the resource revolution.
We need people in all kinds of roles to help us solve tomorrow’s challenges. By joining us, you’ll be contributing to a business that’s working for the planet’s future – one that’s not afraid to innovate and introduce new solutions. In return for your hard work, we’ll give you a fulfilling career within a supportive team. Here, you’ll be free to be yourself and develop in your way.
About the role
About the role
* This is a permanent, full time position.
* The working hours will be 08:00 - 17:30 Monday - Friday, with occasional Saturdays when required..
What will I be doing?
With 5,000 people working across 300 locations, SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is a substantial national business. We have a fleet of over 1,000 vehicles, which range from and specialist articulated and rigid trucks, to road sweepers, refuse collection vehicles and heavy plant vehicles.
* Your job will be to maintain this fleet – a task that will see you working with diverse vehicle technology and sophisticated ancillary equipment.
What are the requirements?
* To join us, you must have previous experience in an Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) / Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) maintenance role. You’ll also need a recognised HGV Technician apprenticeship and a City & Guilds HGV parts 1, 2 & 3 qualification (or equivalent).
* Thanks to this background, you’ll know all about hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, as well as the importance of customer service. In return, we can offer attractive rewards including a stakeholder pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
Who we are
SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is a forward-thinking company recognised as one of the top places in the UK to work. We are proud of the fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development we offer our people. As we continue to develop and grow, you can play an important part in the essential work we are doing to make businesses and communities more sustainable.
Working at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is not like most jobs – it means striving to secure our planet’s resources and being part of the resource revolution. By joining us, you will help to safeguard the environment and the public through essential waste and water management services, contribute to the sustainable development of communities, businesses and regions, and promote the emerging low-carbon circular economy.
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there’s never been a better time to join SUEZ recycling and recovery UK. A friendly and supportive place that you will love to work in, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. If you share our thinking – and have the qualities we’re looking for – you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
*No agencies please*