8 months ago
Here at Amey we are currently looking for an LGV Fitter to join our multi-skilled team based in the Shepshed Depot, although works may be at other depots.
As an HGV Fitter within that team, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the Area 7’s Highways England Winter Maintenance Fleet, in addition to maintaining a small number of our own fleet vehicles.
* Repair and maintain all types of Winter Maintenance vehicles, our owned fleet consists of Traffic Management Vehicles.
* Carry out preventative maintenance and preparation to MOT standard and deliver to test as required.
* Adhere to all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
* Attend breakdowns, effect repair or organise recovery as required.
* Fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
* Maintain work area in safe and clean condition.
* Work to strict deadlines.
* Attend product training.
* Assist the team with other aspects of vehicle maintenance if required.
What are we looking for?
We are interested in speaking with candidates holding an LGV driving license (Class C or above) and who can demonstrate experience working as an LGV Fitter and holds the relevant qualifications to City and Guilds or NVQ level in the repair of vehicles and equipment, preferably in a Highway Maintenance environment. If you are flexible, able to work on your own initiative and interested in joining our team we would like to hear from you