4 months ago
HGBU Cloud Application Senior Engineer-18000T7H
Oracle’s Hospitality Global Business Unit is currently seeking industry top talent to help support our business transformation from an on-premise solution to a globally distributed, cloud based hosted solution. As a Cloud Applications Engineer, you will be a leader within a high performing team focused on design, delivery and ongoing operations for the most prestigious hotel chains within the Hospitality vertical.
* Provide technical leadership for establishing and governing Oracle application engineering standards – specifically Hotel applications to ensure customer requirements are clear and rational, making trade-offs as needed and delivering a finished product that achieves its goals on schedule
* Support design sessions for custom private cloud environments adhering to Oracle standards while meeting customer requirements in a cost effective way for key Hotel applications within Oracle Cloud for Industry (Nagios, Oracle Enterprise Manager, etc.) ensuring local or customer customizations are tracked to the same level of detail as the core application
* Update and expand build/automation installation scripts for key Hotel applications to ensure time to market remains minimized while maximizing reliability and consistency (Oracle Enterprise Manager, Chef, etc.)
* Lead the implementation of new customer environments
* Ensure successful transition from sales to delivery through go-live and into day two operations
* Contribute to the creation of Hotel application troubleshooting guides and mentor/instruct Oracle engineers on standard break/fix remediation
* Assist with the L4 support escalations
* Participate in regular account reviews and road-mapping/planning sessions with some of our top customers
* Provide regional input for ongoing capacity planning. Capacity planning includes ongoing monitoring and management to avoid unplanned capacity constraints or just-in-time capital investments
* Develop and mentor junior staff
* Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
* Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or computer related field
* 8+ years related experience of a best-in-class cloud or hosting organization (preferably Hospitality, Food & Beverage, or eCommerce)
* Have a broad, strong technical knowledge which encompasses Software Development, DevOps, Release automation, Platform architecture, Database, Network, Load-balancing / Clustering and Security
* Have detailed knowledge of applications built using one or more of the following: Apache, WebLogic, Java, OBIEE, Fusion Middleware, Oracle database, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Identity Directory
* Prior experience deploying software via Chef strongly preferred
* Possess proven track record of operational success in a series of roles with growing responsibilities
* Possess strong results orientation and a demonstrated ability to deliver against his/her strategy within challenging timeframes
* Be an strong communicator and comfortable in presenting both in public and online to business and technical executives
* Have a desire to mentor others
* Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals (a track record of delivering results within a matrix business environment)
* Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills required
* Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
* Have an innate ability to always go above and beyond, to dig deep into challenges, and to always strive for perfection
* Sets high standards with respect to the treatment of customers and peersDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle*s internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle*s applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Other Locations: HU-HU,Hungary-Budapest, GB-GB, UK-London, IE-IE,Ireland-Dublin, GB-GB, UK-Reading
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire