10 months ago
GE is the fourth largest company in the world. Founded in 1878 by Thomas Edison (inventor of the light bulb), it is the only company from the original 1896 Dow Jones index still listed today. Renowned for 'imagination at work', and with a matchless legacy for innovation and leadership, GE spans numerous sectors across over 150 global locations.
At the heart of this global giant sits GE Healthcare Finnamore - the UK spearhead of GE's healthcare consultancy, GE Healthcare Partners. We are person-centred, relationship-focused, sector experts - dedicated to improving people’s health and wellbeing through the clients whom we serve. We formed following the acquisition of Finnamore Ltd by GE Healthcare in January 2014. Today our team of over 85 health and social care specialists combines the agility, independent-thinking and responsiveness of Finnamore, a consultancy of 21 years' standing, with GE's scale, world class leadership, and technology base. Together we are stronger than ever before, and uniquely placed to meet your evolving needs.
GE Healthcare Finnamore is looking for generalist, financial and clinical Healthcare Consultants.
Whatever your area of expertise, all Healthcare Consultants work as part of a client delivery team to create and implement advisory solutions to improve financial, operational, clinical or patient safety outcomes within healthcare provider institutions. The Healthcare Consultant will own and personally deliver pieces of the overall client assignment as part of a team.
For all roles, the essential responsibilities include working as part of a team on numerous and complex and sometimes sensitive assignments and will play to your strengths in:
• Delivery of successful client assignments that achieve and exceed clients’ expectations.
• Independently collecting, validating, analysing and synthesizing data to support engagement objectives.
• Planning and completing assigned work within the engagement that is high quality, on time and within budget.
• Preparing and delivering succinct, clear and insightful executive level presentations.
• Proactively identifying client needs and assist in developing solutions.
• Facilitating effective, cross-functional working sessions with clients and stakeholders.
• Establishing credibility and developing relationship with all levels of client managers (both clinical and non-clinical) in a health setting.
• Understanding and applying the principles of change management to support implementation (and system wide transformation).
• Remaining up to date on the market place, understanding what the trends are in healthcare provision to be able to advise clients of best practice.
• Engage in continuous professional development, including change management and transformation techniques.
If you are interested in the financial healthcare consultant roles, you will have a financial background and will have gained experience and skills in areas such as; financial modelling, workforce planning, strategic financial planning and investment appraisal.
For those of you with a clinical background, you will be a clinically registered practitioner with broad sector service and operations experience with specialist knowledge in areas such as; urgent and emergency care, community services, primary care, mental health services, care pathways, outpatient and inpatient services etc.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional qualification.
Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Ability to travel extensively and stay away from home.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Understanding of the Healthcare industry and trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
• Ability to create impactful client facing communications and presentations.
• Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience in LEAN or Six Sigma tools.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
• Able to work independently and consistently meet or exceed performance expectations.
• Able to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs.
• Demonstrate aptitude for critical thinking to include evaluation of ideas and synthesizing information into insights.
• Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
• Proven ability to make decisions with limited information and achieve expected results.
• Ability to engage and motivate the client across all levels of their organisation.
• Ability to work across organisational boundaries, supporting the client to deliver system transformation.
• Logical and systematic in approach to problem solving.
• Ability to build relationships and credibility quickly.
Locations: United Kingdom; London