6 months ago
Health & Safety Manager, (PA Technology Centre)
Full time/Permanent; Cambridgeshire
Competitive remuneration package that includes annual bonus scheme, family healthcare, travel allowance and more!
Are you an experienced H&S professional with a passion for delivering organisation change and promoting H&S excellence?
Do you have experience and/or enjoy working in a high-tech environment?
Are you looking for a role where you can lead change as opposed to follow pre-built systems?
PA Consulting is one of the UK’s premier Design and Technology consultancies. We help our clients get the most out of their innovation and technology by providing prototyping and consultancy services. Our Cambridge Technology Centre (CTC) based at Melbourn (Cambs) is the heart of our prototyping and technology development service containing laboratories, workshops, training suits and office space. It is a highly multi-disciplinary environment that home to software developers, mechanical, engineers, electronics specialists, designers and a large portion of PA’s corporate function (finance, HR, legal, accounts).
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced H&S Manager to join PA and take ownership of the H&S practices at the CTC. The role will involve working closely with the site leadership team, PA’s global H&S and Facilities function to drive H&S excellence across the site. This will be a proactive role, with the incumbent needing to be confident developing H&S practices through partnership with key stakeholders in PA’s CTC. There will be plenty of opportunity for project work, with the post holder expected to devise and lead key H&S initiatives.
• To take ownership of all matters pertaining to Health & Safety, occupational health and risk assessments for PA’s Cambridge Technology Centre
• To work with the CTC leadership team on projects such as:
o Space Allocation
o Work space design
o Quality Management
• To lead environmental monitoring projects and to act as the Food Safety Manager for the site
• Ensure the CTC site adheres to the commitments made through it’s ISO accreditations
• Line management of the Lab Manager/H&S Administrator role
• Demonstrable experience and understanding of H&S regulations and legislation with a minimum of 5 years working within a practical Health and safety management role
• Demonstrable experience of H&S in facilities/environments and industries such as laboratories, clean rooms, biology suites, engineering, production, manufacturing and distribution
• Demonstrable experience working with accredited management systems such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
• Strong project management skills, with experience in report and proposal writing.
• Minimum AIOSH or TechIOSH status
• As a minimum NEBOSH National General Certificate
• GradIOSH or CMIOSH status
• NEBOSH diploma or NVQ Level 5 In Occupational Health and Safety
• Level 3 in Food Safety Management
• Experience in writing specifications for Labs, workshop, food and project spaces.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high tech business with a wide variety of business activities conducted on site. If you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary, fast paced environment then this role is worth considering.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK.
About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.