19 days ago
Amey Consulting is one of the UK’s leading transport consultants and provides unique ‘end-to-end’ planning, design, construction, and operations services alongside other parts of Amey. We have a strong reputation for innovative solutions, grounded in reality.
We are involved in a wide variety of projects and operations within UK transport, including operation of the Docklands Light Railway and Manchester Metrolink; management of the Valley Lines around Cardiff; and the design and delivery of the Trans-Pennine Route Upgrade between Leeds and Manchester.
Our Analytics and Advisory team have a world class reputation in analytics, data-led transformations, digital solutions and PMO; the team’s expertise also includes intelligent transport systems, asset management and the development of digital strategies for asset owners and operators embracing rail, highways, airports, light rail, utilities, defence, and major structures. We expect the Transport Advisory leader will work closely with this data and analytics team.
We are seeking to appoint a leader of our Transport Advisory Services who will create and build new business stream to provide an innovative approach to front-end transport advisory services within our £180m and growing consulting business
The foundation of this new business has been formed from existing businesses from within Amey Consulting, including transport planning and intelligent mobility and will be further strengthened by our plan to move into transport economics and the creation of “Places” to build a new creative planning and economics transport advisory business. This new business, when combined with Amey’s existing design, construction and operational capability, will create a unique offering for our clients in which innovative solutions can be planned and delivered.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics and Advisory Services, who is a member of the Consulting Management Team, the Head of Transport Advisory will take day to day responsibility for shaping, developing and running the Transport Advisory business, including work winning, people management and the P&L. They will be responsible for successful delivery of projects and growth of the business internally and externally, the former being facilitated by highly collaborative behaviour.
We are seeking an ambitious individual who has an extensive track record in transport consultancy services such as transport economics, transport planning or allied areas, blended with some experience developing and growing a business. They will have a national remit for Amey Consulting and encouraged to shape the business based on their experience and working closely with their peers in the Consulting business. They will be part of the senior leadership team of Amey Consulting and expected to play a role in helping to lead the overall business.
The successful candidate will show potential for further progression in the business and will have a clear development plan in place to support this.
What are we looking for from you?
* Experienced transport consultant with a technical background in transport planning, economics, town and country planning or similar discipline
* Qualified with one of the main transport or planning related professional bodies
* Experience leading, growing, and managing a team including a P&L account
* Has led successful bids – strategy, resourcing, solution development, commercial negotiations, and delivery
* Has developed strong client relationships which have led to long-term value for each partner
* Has experience of driving efficiency, effectiveness, continuous improvement, and best practice
* Has worked as part of a leadership team.
* Creates a clear strategy and direction for the team and can evidence success
* Takes personal ownership; models high levels of integrity and ethical conduct, always upholds professional standards and is a role model for others
* Possesses clear leadership qualities, including an ability to guide, mentor and inspire highly talented teams
* Creates an inclusive working environment and has experience of building a diverse team
* Experience of embedding robust succession planning, enabling development of talent, and building a sustainable talent pipeline.
Stakeholder Engagement and External Profile
* Proven collaborator with a talent for stakeholder management, building strong relationships with clients across our sectors
* Evidence of demonstrating excellent client focus and customer orientation
* Proven thought leader across the market, offering insight into the industry with an established broad network. Will be comfortable attending and leading industry events, representing the Amey Consulting Brand and networking.
* As well as engaging colleagues and customers in Amey Consulting, you will partner the wider Amey Group, collaborating closely with senior leaders across the organisation to devise ways to offer our customers added value services
* You will be familiar with operating across the supply chain.
* Honesty and integrity
* Promotes and role models collaboration
* Tenacious and an excellent and resourceful planner
* Inspirational to others
* Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills
* Innovative, finding new solutions and ways of adding value
* Can constructively challenge
* Adaptable and analytical, a natural a problem solver.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary, a company pension contribution, life
assurance, bonus scheme, private medical, and a generous holiday entitlement.
You will also be invited to join the Amey Choices scheme which offers a range of flexible benefit
options and offers additional benefits throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages inclusion and diversity.