30 days ago
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £competitive with car allowance and bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | 37 hours per week | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
At SSE Enterprise Telecoms we believe in making complex connectivity challenges simple. And we do this in the spirit of collaboration, partnership and integrity which means we can achieve more, together.
We bring together the unparalleled expertise of dedicated teams with innovation and technical excellence to give enterprises, government organisations and our partners a better network experience that can power the UK's digital future. All this is delivered through our UK-wide 20,000km network, offering a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading edge SD-WAN, Ethernet, Optical and Dark Fibre services.
We're looking for ambitious experts to join our team; to help contribute to our growth by delivering solutions through excellent customer care. A team that actively looks after the wellbeing of colleagues, works hard and enjoys celebrating success.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities. We welcome expressions of interest from individuals with a range of backgrounds and particularly encourage BAME, disabled people and those from under-represented backgrounds, communities and groups to apply.
What is the Role?
As Head of Product Portfolio you’ll be accountable for driving the customer experience and commercial success of our connectivity products, directing the future roadmap and leading the vision. Your team will be responsible for managing product performance and ensuring each product is market competitive, financially sound and delivered to a high standard. You’ll lead the creation of requirements for new and enhanced products, be the senior lead on business change and drive initiatives that enhance how our products are experienced by our customers. Working across a wide range of functions and customer market sectors, you’ll take a strong leadership position in the realisation of our product vision from concept to maturity. Are you ready to be challenged?
What do I need?
• Lead a team of product managers to nurture, develop and exploit market opportunities for our range of products in our target sectors, driving product and business change to optimise our commercial success
• Work to attract, develop and retain key talent to drive successful growth in our product portfolio
• Sponsor the inclusion of product candidates onto the Product Roadmap
• Own the development of each product lines vision and strategy, along with the respective product managers and business stakeholders
• Deliver the analysis, ideation and creation of NPD requirements, design concepts and supporting documentation to aid the development and introduction of new and enhanced products
• Drive the development of product initiatives into robust, high quality products suitable for all target sales sectors and markets, in line with agreed budget and timescales
• Design, deliver and support as required, proof-of-concepts and early adopter programmes to ensure maximum value and the best customer experience is achieved for relevant product initiatives
• Develop and manage strong relationships across the business to understand and overcome pain points, drive clarity in strategy and support the business through operational transformation
• Understand dependencies across projects, review impacts and lead recommendations for changes across the product portfolio
•10+ years’ experience in the development, launch and management of network products in the telecoms market, including Optical and Ethernet services
• Experienced in product leadership and guidance from concept to delivery, with the ability to make and/or drive decision making based on risk and complexity
• Confident communicator with strong influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills who can listen to the needs of customers, internal subject matter experts and business leaders, interpreting their requirements and managing stakeholder expectations in a proactive way at all levels
• Ability to influence at all levels including C level in Telecoms and customers
• Strategic thinking and aptitude to understand the overall perspective on business issues, events, activities and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact
• Excellent commercial understanding including considerations for procurement, supplier negotiations and sensitivity, NDAs and confidentiality agreements
• Can focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities
• Experience in working within Agile digital development projects desirable
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with -******* or--******We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.