23 days ago
London, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Cloud and Data Center
Head of Product Growth – EMEAR - Umbrella Business Unit
Location: United Kingdom
Area of interest: Business Strategy and Operations; Product Management; Product Marketing; Sales; Sales Strategy; Growth; Business Development
Hiring Manager: Houda Soubra
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture. Working at Cisco on the Umbrella team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research, and unrivaled products and services.
What we do
OpenDNS was acquired by Cisco in August 2015. Our product is now known as Cisco Umbrella. Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. We are now building on our cloud infrastructure to provide remote access to applications wherever the user and application reside. Because it’s built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete visibility into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users. Because Umbrella is delivered from the cloud, it is the easiest way to protect every user in minutes.
What You’ll Do:
Our product is one of the fastest growing products in Cisco Security, and we’re just getting started. If that gets you excited, we have a rare opportunity to join a dynamic team and help us grow at a global scale! As our Head of Product Growth for EMEAR, you will help lead Umbrella’s overall expansion strategy for the EMEAR market. You’ll partner with various teams across Cisco to help Umbrella accelerate our business. Leveraging your deep understanding of the competitive and product landscape, you will highlight product gaps, identify growth opportunities, and drive execution of growth initiatives specifically for the EMEAR market. This is a great opportunity to help define the commercial expansion strategy for a rapidly-growing, SaaS business within the Security Business Group at Cisco.
Specifically, you will:
* Define the strategy and roadmap for Umbrella’s growth in the EMEAR market
* Create compelling business cases for why Umbrella should invest in certain growth iniatives.
* Plan and execute growth strategies by working with stakeholders across product management, engineering, sales, marketing, customer success, and our channel partners.
* Become an expert in understanding the specific requirements (compliance, competitive landscape, buying motions) to win within new verticals.
* Drive solutions with product management for identified market specific product issues and gaps.
* Partner with sales to support key deals for Umbrella in the EMEAR market.
* Provide frequent updates to the Umbrella’s Senior Leadership team on the performance of the EMEAR market and your key initiatives.
* Build highly scalable business, operational, and go-to-market capabilities to support a rapidly-growing business
* Spend at least 25% of your time traveling within EMEAR when conditions allow it.
Who You’ll Work With:
* This role is highly visible, and will require working across many different functions within the Umbrella Business Unit and Cisco sales & marketing organizations. Some of the teams you will work with on a regular basis include:
* Umbrella’s leadership team to help define our overall strategy
* Umbrella’s Product Management/Marketing to understand customer requirements, go-to-market motions, and the competitive landscape
* Marketing and Customer Success to fully support key strategic iniatives
* Sales leadership, sales teams, and our channel partners to define and execute sales strategies within the region.
Who You Are:
You are results-driven, not activity driven; you measure everything. You are action-oriented, but maintain an analytical approach to problem solving. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment. You are persuasive and articulate, but gain trust through listening and openness. You have a history of leading cross-functional teams in order to complete complex projects.
* Experience growing an Enterprise SaaS business. Some examples include:
1. Managing a product with significant revenue streams
2. Experience in a product growth role with extensive experimentation, lifecycle management, and funnel optimization.
3. Working with or as part of sales teams and channel partners
* Business modeling experience including TAM analysis, business performance analysis, and competitive research
* Cross-functional project leadership coordinating across Product, Engineering, Sales, Channel, Marketing, Finance, and Legal
* Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
* Technical depth to confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with SaaS business models
* Financial modeling and strong insight into how to translate product capability into financial results
* Biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity
* MBA or equivalent business knowledge strongly preferred
* Familiarity with enterprise security is a plus
* Some product management experience is a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us the ability to learn cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.