5 months ago
Head of Pre-Sales UK
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000.
Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft and is Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place.
Our diversity and teamwork culture empower us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We're looking for a Head of Pre-Sales to lead our UK team. Working within our Secure Communications group and reporting to the Head of Chief Engineers and System Architects, you will work from the Airbus Defence and Space site in Portsmouth.
The Pre-Sales team supports the entire Sales and Business Development department in all Pre-Sales activities to produce and manage sales prospects.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage the pre-sales engineering team to meet the requirements of the business.
- Develop the people within the team to maximise their potential and keep abreast in development in technology and services.
- Support sales teams developing new opportunities and position Airbus as a supplier of choice with customers
- Provide engineering support to bids to achieve a winning technical solution; ensure all bids are suitably resourced
- Develop the processes and toolset within the pre-sale engineering team to provide support to the organisation
- Collaborate with other groups within Secure Comms and Product Management to identify and help develop new solutions and capabilities
Your role will involve weekly UK travel for business and occasional Europeantravel.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following experience:
- A background in communications engineering, ideally specialising in satellite communications and network analysis and design
- Experience working in a Pre-Sales role
- Comfortable presenting to clients either in a supporting role to sales staff or directly
- To lead and develop a team of engineers across multiple sites
- Experience writing complex technical proposals
In return, we can offer you all of this and more…
- Exciting career development opportunities across our transnational, market leading company
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group annual profit
- A growing range of additional benefits
- Flexible working hours
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.