8 months ago
Head of Intraday Liquidity Management (ILM) Technology
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to have a leadership role in shaping UBS's Technology development? Do you combine strategic thinking with the necessary pragmatism to get things done and run smoothly?
The UBS GTT (Group Treasury Technology) team is looking for a Head of Intraday Liquidity Management (ILM) Technology. We are looking for a senior hands-on technology leader with a proven track record of delivering complex big data computing platforms. A delivery focused technologist with the ability to work from stated business intent all the way through developing and guiding the technology implementation. This is a green field opportunity where we are building out our Intraday Liquidity Big Data & Analytics platform which is critical for our Group Treasury business.
In this role you should be comfortable interacting with business leaders, technology leadership, business data scientists, and technical implementation teams. We are expecting candidates do have the highest levels of integrity, ownership, team play, mentoring, and collaboration.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Group Treasury Technology team based in our London 5 Broadgate offices. Our team makes sure that as a business we get the most out of our technology investment by collaborating with colleagues, delivering on projects and outlining the technical roadmap using our combined knowledge. The team is global working across UK, Switzerland, Poland, India and US. You could be working for one of the top investment banks and a leader in global wealth management. You will have huge potential to grow with a direct impact in contributing towards our engineering-driven culture
• Delivery Focused - Manage the program delivery end-end. Be the accountable IT lead on a number of large strategic regulatory and restructuring initiatives
• You will have experience building successful relationships and providing technology guidance and advise to Senior Treasury Heads, Desk data scientists and senior technology stakeholders.
• Partner with business stakeholders to understand their objectives and develop a technology strategy and roadmap to support those goals
• You enjoy cross team collaboration especially with the Data Scientists, business & quants
• Focus on stability - partner with Technology Services Group for infrastructure and production support activities
• provide visibility into progress, risks and issues in regular stakeholder updates
• understand and be accountable for all technology risk and control requirements
• partner with our CTO to help define enterprise architecture and standard
• Hands on Dev Lead experience in data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record of delivery
• Working with predictive analysts and data scientists, build scalable prototypes of machine learning algorithms, build production quality codes, manage and maintain the code base
• Hands on Dev Lead experience with building out and supporting applications with Microservices architecture (Docker / Kubernetes)
• Hands on experience of big data technologies and frameworks (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, etc.)
• Involved in the definition and execution of data governance and data management solutions
• Hands on Data Science and Analytics experience is a plus (Machine Learning, Scala, Python, R, etc.)
• you have experience in building highly scalable, supportable, highly reliable front-back infrastructure
• you have experience in automating everything across the development lifecycle (CICD / Automated testing / Automated deployment)
• you have experience in building & running platforms based on containers / container orchestration (Docker / Kubernetes)