about 1 year ago
Title : Head of Highways Engineering
Requisition ID :2018-29080
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Civil
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Head of Highways Engineering in its London office in Canary Wharf. You will be working to secure networks and partnership projects within the highway engineering sector, working across our global business and leading the development and growth of a new service line Europe.
Your role will be to develop a Highway Engineering service predominantly focused on the UK, growing a team of engineers to help shape and deliver projects to customers within the private and public sectors. As part of the role you will be expected to seek opportunities to network across clients, contractors and consultancies to develop collaborative partnerships and commercial opportunities. The ambition will be to take our current Tier 2 service offering and develop it to secure Prime and Tier 1 opportunities, generating a turnover of £2M+ by the end of your 2nd year. This role will be highly visible within our European and Global E&I business and provide the incumbent with a significant challenge, as well as the necessary credibility and opportunity that will come with success.
* To develop and take responsibility for a 5+ year strategy to grow the a Highway Engineering service – increasing turnover year on year focussed primarily through organic means
* To actively seek out and develop Highway Engineering opportunities alongside our established Transport Planning team in existing under-developed and new sectors, leveraging the skills and experience within our E&I Global business
* To adopt Project Director, Account Director and Framework Director roles on strategically important or significant Highway Engineering projects/frameworks and take leading roles (Bid Director, Lead Reviewer, etc) in the capture and pursuit of new business that supports your strategy
* To develop (with support from the marketing/comms team) and take ownership of a marketing campaign to raise E&I Europe Highway Engineering brand awareness, including speaking at conferences/seminars/workshops, utilising our technical resources/experts to publish articles in trade press and other mediums
* Be instrumental in identifying and leading the recruitment of key hires and associated teams, to enable targets to be achieved
Skills / Qualifications
* Has extensive network of senior level contacts across clients, consultancies and contractors within the UK
* Has experience of delivering Highway Engineering projects within the UK and overseas
* Demonstrable experience of developing and growing a Highway Engineering service into a £2M+/annum fee income revenue stream
* Experienced business winner and has capability to build an ‘highway engineering brand’ within the UK consultancy market
* Holds a good understanding of the UK Highway Engineering consultancy market
* Has worked extensively within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
* Has worked for one of Wood's direct competitors
* Has multi-sector and international experience
* Has experience of working within a design and build environment, as either contractor or consultant
* Has experience of working with and alongside out of country engineering resources in High Value Execution/Engineering Centres
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering Discipline
* Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE, CIHT
* Chartered Engineer
* Civil Engineering Degree
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.