13 days ago
Head of Engineering Supply Chain Operations
at Ocado Group
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within this department sits the Technical Services function who lead and coordinate activity of the technical support teams within Engineering and Supply Chain, servicing and support the Project, Construction and Supply Chain teams involved in Ocado’s OSP Projects. These teams include; CAD Services, Information Management and Document Control, Product and Procurement Technical Support,
The Head of Engineering Supply Chain Operations role will provide technical and people leadership, taking overall accountability for the team in their deliverables and overall strategy. Ensuring operational needs are met and the direction of the team aligns with business and engineering strategies, standards and expectations.
What will you be doing?
* Manage department including budget and team leadership.
* Manage, Monitor and Report - Set SLAs with key customers and establish and maintain KPIs
* Effective Communication & reporting across teams and stakeholders
* Conduct regular strategic reviews of the direction of the team and the ways of working to ensure it is appropriate and aligned prevailing business needs and climate
* Ensure the team are current to and comply with all applicable Engineering and Safety regulation, standards and policies. Including but not limited to Machine Directive, Electrical Regulations, CDM guidance or international equivalent, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated ACOPs) and internal (CDM15, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). Seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty.
* Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges and opportunities across products and projects
* Undertake specific team and departmental tasks. Initiating, planning, consulting on and managing process change, project managing specific developments; taking part and leading process improvement and other projects
* Coordination of activity of technical departments and their managers in order to deliver on plans and strategies within operations. These teams include: CAD Services: Work Package team who complete the technical layout drawings of the site, according to the project's requirements - lead by project engineering and ensure all design rules followed in space planning.
* Information Management team: Provide cross-stream and team central hub for knowledge, data and information and maintain and support the tools and provide a service to colleagues to control and maintain the integrity of information.
* Technical Support team:Service desk for technical queries, the Initial triage of queries and issue management to ensure that technical issues are resolved by the right parties to the necessary priorities and SCAR and QRN Control.
* Procurement Support team: The creation and technical maintenance of budgets
* Management of large, geographically diverse and matrixed teams
* Excellent communicator at all levels EVP / C suite level through to shop floor, especially communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
* Credible, confident and polished presentation skills.
* Strong commercial awareness and management with the ability to read situations and understand commercial and contractual impact
* Leadership of technical department, setting direction and delivering with excellence
* Comfortable and experienced in a dynamic, fast paced environment
* Appreciation of applicable directives, codes, standards etc. (e.g. Machinery Directive, CDM 2015 etc.)
* Experience of projects in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
* IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
* Technical / Engineering qualification, to degree level in a relevant field
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……