7 days ago
Job ID 00021636
About the role
Head of Digital Product Analytics
Closing date for applications: COP Friday 7th May 2021
The Advanced Analytics and Data Science team are on a mission to create digital products that our customers love.
Your teams of analysts will run experiments and analytics to form recommendations that directly support commercial decisions and digital product strategy.
Our digital products cover the full range of customer journeys from acquisition, customer care through to renewal and retention. Through all stages we are seeking to maximise value to our customers in order to become the most recommended brand and maximising our customer lifetime value.
The role will make use of our new cloud based tools and will shape our approach to experimentation using up to date techniques that are automated, dynamic and scalable while maintaining statistical validity. Your product analysts will be competent in the basics of big data analytics and you will need to be confident in managing a high performing team of competent coders and applied statisticians.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full kit and caboodle – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
You will deliver business value by engaging stakeholders and collaborating with them in order to successfully influence and advise on their digital product strategies and roadmaps. To do this you’ll need to empower your team to think big, communicate clearly while maintaining an eye for detail. You’ll also need to be proactive, motivated, comfortable with data and able to work at pace in a fast changing environment.
• Create a high performing team: You will empower your people to learn, grow and deliver great value to the business. Your people will take ownership, communicate and collaborate well with all stakeholders.
• Big Data Analytics: Your team will be competent coders, not drag and droppers. Making use of languages such as SQL and tools such as Google Big Query to configure and run automated experiments such as A/B tests with our tagging team.
• Applied statistics: You’ll need to understand and clearly communicate the results of statistical tests, their limitations and insights. Using your judgement where needed to ensure that recommendations and guidance is given to stakeholders at the speed of business. Timing is everything.
• Collaborating: You’ll work closely with our Digital Data Systems team and Digital Product Development teams to help shape the tagging approach and ensure that the right data is collected that your team will use to run their tests, analytics and experiments. All within the applicable data compliance regulations, supported by our Data Governance teams.
• Culture & Leadership: Work as a member of the leadership team to foster an environment of trust, support, inclusivity and collaboration across the Advanced Analytics & Data Science function.
The must haves:
• Advanced SQL skills essential
• Great attention to detail using an analytics approach to problem solving
• Strong communication, influencing and collaborating skills
• Proactive, motivated and able to inspire others
• Able to visualise and present data with clarity, particularly for less technical audiences
• Awareness of DataOps, DevOps or Agile methodologies within digital product development
Other stuff we're looking for:
• Relevant work experience in a Product Analytics Management role, with significant Web or App product exposure, ideally within a large or complex organisation
• Experience building data teams, preferably in a scale-up environment
• Experience running A/B tests, experimentation frameworks or applied statistics using a coding language
• Experience supporting CI/CD cycles
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
We're also open to chatting about part time or adjusted working (so don't be worried to ask the question).
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
• 26 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• An annual bonus of up to 25%, based on company performance
• Annual cash car allowance of £7,200
• Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
• Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage interview process, including presentation assessment.
When you , you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.
View in Google Maps