12 months ago
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus
Power & Energy
Category: Management Jobs
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 days' holiday + day off on birthday
Tell me about OVO…
Love building great technology? Want to manage teams building great software, using leading edge technologies, with smart, passionate people?
The energy industry is changing, and technology is at the forefront of innovations that will transform it forever.
At OVO, technology and digital products are at the heart of our customer experience and they are key to our commercial success.
We were the first energy company to offer our Pay As You Go customers the opportunity to top up using their phone, the first company to offer real time electricity and gas usage data, and the first to release an apple watch App. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for our ability to develop software to shatter the status quo.
But we’re just getting started.
We need to develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably. Over the last few years, we’ve built a highly skilled team of software engineers that is making a real impact to our business, and shaking up our industry.
We care about code quality, test automation and continuous delivery. Our engineers drive our technology choices and own the software they create from their laptop all the way through to production. We’re building a better energy company, and we’re doing it one Git commit at a time.
Right, I’m convinced… but where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working as part of our technology team across all of our data teams, based in both London and Bristol. Learn more about our data technologies and strategy from Thomas’ talk at ScalaXBytes.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* Building tools and platforms to support our ambitious internal projects involving IoT and real-time data streams to support the smart grid of the future.
* Responsible for the strategic technical vision and execution of our data tools, engineering and infrastructure. Constantly pushing the boundaries in our cutting edge data ecosystem
* Focussed on constant, incremental value delivery
* Driving technical and productivity excellence across your teams
* Building and managing teams of engineers across multiple systems
* Motivate and support team members to perform at their best
* Facilitate and manage the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* Strong software engineering background in data intensive, scalable, distributed applications
* Experience in owning data strategy across an organisation working with senior stakeholders
* Experience with big data, streaming and parallel computation
* Experience creating and implementing data security strategies
* Experience in a number of programming languages and a broad knowledge of modern technologies
* Strong line management experience/people management experience
* Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
* The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
* A clearly defined career path
* Open plan office in Notting Hill
* Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
* Lots of social events
* Training budget
* Matched volunteering and matched fundraising