4 months ago
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Location: Belfast or Templecombe
Thales has a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Engineering team in either Belfast or Templecombe. In this role you will manage the Configuration Management (CM) team within our Air Operations and Weapons business (AOW), taking responsibility for; resources, administration, facilities, equipment, processes, training and budgets, and ensuring the delivery of a co-ordinated CM approach across the business.
What you will be doing:
* Provide technical leadership for the CM team, as well as functional management.
* Plan and co-ordinate the technical and administrative activities of the team, including budgets.
* Manage all Engineering Capital expenditure necessary for development.
* Maintain and develop CM Processes and Procedures to ensure best team practice application.
* Be the representative for the site at LAS and UK level for this function.
* Liaise with Engineering Disciplines to ensure consistency on CM practices and effective use of tools.
* Identify and Recommend appropriate CM Training for AOW business.
* Manage and maintain cost-effective data management practices in line with Chorus guidelines.
What we're looking for from you:
* Experience of the full design lifecycle, concept to disposal.
* Knowledge on Configuration Management processes, techniques and tools.
* Be familiar with international standards, e.g. Def-Stan 05-57.
* Willingness and flexibility to support CM activities at other Thales sites.
* Experience in a leadership role, as well as being a team player, with strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!