5 months ago
Head of Capability Development-TPRS-UKDY01728757
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees, our customers and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on high quality, leading-edge projects that will drive your career forward.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Capability Development.
Depending on the selected candidate’s location, the job location can be one of the following: Derby (United Kingdom), Hennigsdorf (Germany), Crespin (France), Hyderabad (India), Saint-Bruno (Canada).
The Head of Capability Development is responsible for all capability related topics for the Product Engines and Global Engineering divisions. Such topics include: competency management, strategic competencies plan and training, resource’s development plans and training, knowledge management template definition and deployment. His/her role is to ensure that Bombardier Transportation functions under the Product Engines and Global Engineering organizations have what they need to fulfill internal competency management requirements.
• Manage the capability development team to commit to and deliver required capability aspects of the resource management pillar;
• Define and track budget for the team;
• Conduct PMPs (Performance Management Plans) and development plans definition for direct reports;
• Ensure HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) topics are communicated and managed with the team;
• Communicate with HR department to ensure alignment in capability plans.
2. Strategic competencies
• Lead development and capture of global function strategic workforce development plans (e.g. core/non-core analysis);
• Interface with N-2 level to capture strategic competencies and propose solutions/plans to address future needs;
• Interface with both external and internal “best in class” from the industry concerning competencies management;
• Manage the engineering technical recognition program (Engineering Experts).
3. Training plans
• Lead development and capture of training plans to support capability development, and track capability development progress;
• Publish a training catalogue to all functions to ease development plan definition.
4. Competency assessment
• Plan and manage Competency Assessment across Product Engine & Global engineering;
• Promote usage of the Knowledge Management process across Product Engine and Global Engineering, including measurement of adherence/benefits.
• University degree. Would be a plus having a degree in Engineering, but it’s not mandatory.
• General knowledge and ability to understand the engineering area, to be able to adapt in communication with engineering managers, understand the specific language;
• Global team leadership and management competencies, proven by previous experience and good case practices on team management, planning, problem solving;
• Comprehensive understanding of competency management in a technical environment;
• Proven performance working in multicultural and international environments;
• Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain new relationships with internal and external partners;
• Language skills: English – advance/business fluent level is mandatory. Any additional language would be beneficial (e.g. German, French, Indian languages).
Posting date: 16.07.2018
Closing date: 15.08.2018
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37 hours/week
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Other Locations:IN-TL-Hyderabad, DE-BR-Hennigsdorf, CA-QC-St. Bruno, FR-NPC-Crespin
Employee Status: Regular