about 1 year ago
Head of Built Environment
Location: Cheadle, Cheshire. SK8 3SA.
Salary: Negotiable + Car + Healthcare
Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Founded in Vienna in 1819, Wienerberger is a leading provider of wall, roof and landscaping innovations. Worldwide, Wienerberger has 203 production sites and the Wienerberger Group generated revenues of € 2,972 million in 2015. In the UK, Wienerberger has 13 production sites, 6 distribution depots, 4 showrooms, with its Head Office in Cheadle, Cheshire.
Offering in excess of 1000 products, Wienerberger’s range includes the Terca and Porotherm brands as part of its wall category, Sandtoft as part of its roof category, and Penter as part of its paving category.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Head of Built Environment to be based at our Head Office in Cheadle but will include travel around the UK and overseas.
Responsible for delivering reductions in whole-life costs and carbon emissions, while improving productivity and capacity by using intelligent building information models, sensing technology and secure data and information infrastructure.
* Responsible for linking the firm’s product development with current industry requirements, and playing a critical steering role in the way Wienerberger approaches the marketplace with product and services.
* Able to contribute, influence and take responsibility for the company’s technical approach to market.
* Attend client meetings, as well as internal board meetings.
* Provide solutions in line with current and upcoming sustainability and environmental issues – and in doing so deliver market leading, future-proof designs and concepts to clients (whilst guiding the company’s R&D output) to link Wienerberger’s complete client offering into an attractive, and workable, package.
* Ensure that you maintain and update your understanding of UK Building Regulations and Design Principles.
* Provide a transformational leadership style to promote teamwork, open communication, can do attitude, and a culture of continuous improvement, identifying training needs for self and team.
* Able to demonstrate a broad and current knowledge of the UK building industry – displaying expertise with regards to sustainability, thermal performance, water efficiency, environmental, and other related design principles that could guide the products and services offered by Wienerberger.
* BIM Level 2 qualification
* Strong relationship management and negotiation skills are required as the role will involve influencing and determining product/firm direction at a strategic level.
* Ideally be a chartered building professional – e.g. Architect, Engineer, Building Surveyor etc.
* Full UK Driving licence with the ability to travel throughout the UK and overseas