about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As we’re changing, we’re seeking a Head of Architecture & Engineering to lead our Architects and Principal Engineers to continue to design and evolve the world’s best OTT Pay Lite Sales & Service platform. You’ll be responsible for designing and engineering critical services for different brands such as Peacock, NOW and Sky Sports Box Office.
We’re looking for an expert in a broad range of systems, technologies and styles of architecture, to provide solutions and make evaluations that drive quality and engineering excellence throughout GT and across Sky. You’ll have influence, asking the difficult questions that keep us on the path of continuous improvement.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to Director of Digital Technology, you’ll deliver the combined engineering strategy and architectural direction across Digital Technology, while ensuring that the technical roadmap delivers commercial value and outstanding products.
- Co-ordinating with engineers and architects from the wider Technology and Product teams to continually improve the practices and technologies used both within Digital technology and across the group.
- Understanding business needs and creating a set of sustainable solutions to ensure the business achieve their goals.
- Obsess over quality and performance, whether that be the quality of the code or the response time of an API.
- Build strong relationships across the business, at all levels, Comcast and, of course, Group Technology.
- Leading principal engineers and architects to create and deliver innovative end-to-end solution designs for products that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the Technology systems estate.
- Making good investment decisions such as building solutions in house, buying off-the-shelf or partnering with 3rd parties.
- Providing technical direction, challenging the team to deliver the simplest possible solutions
- Monitoring the success of our technology choices and delivery processes
What you’ll bring:
A proven background defining technology strategy and architecting solutions covering Application, Data and Technology Architecture
- You must be able to work in detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, balancing short term delivery decisions with the long-term commercial goals
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focused organisation.
- Ability to make good technical decisions and to convince others as to the merits and reasons for those decisions
- Demonstrable track record in software development working within a software delivery team
- Demonstrable track record in the design and delivery of leading-edge strategic business solutions from concept through implementation
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and R&D to gain a better understanding
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.