5 months ago
Hardware Technical Authority
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Space Systems Telecoms business unit of Airbus Defence & Space Ltd., Portsmouth has a vacancy for a Hardware Technical Authority with significant production experience of passive and active equipment for space applications.
This role supports the Telecoms Payload Technical Authority (PTA), based in Portsmouth, to ensure the design robustness of internally and externally procured equipment. To achieve this, the Hardware Technical Authority works closely with the Portsmouth based Equipment Specialists and Toulouse based Spacecraft Technical Authority.
In this key and challenging role you will provide independent technical oversight and support to multidisciplinary project/ production teams for production issues during the whole payload life cycle - from equipment development to in orbit performance.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main aspects of this role include:
- Monitoring the development of new equipment from internal and external suppliers
- Supporting the introduction of new technologies and suppliers
- Investigation of production issues at component, equipment and payload level.
- Conducting independent technical reviews
- Providing technical leadership for multi project anomaly reviews
- Ensuring robust change management is enforced
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance
The role will require periods of travel both in the UK and abroad.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate the following;
- Demonstrated experience in the processes used in the design, development and production of equipment for a space application.
- Capable of providing and/or coordinating technical expertise on the full range of processes used for payload passive and active equipment.
- Work with confidence and ability to present complex ideas and concepts to customers/suppliers with authority.
- Direct experience of the investigation of major on ground anomalies and able to contribute to investigations of in orbit anomalies.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit ; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st August 2019