8 months ago
Location: Templecombe, United Kingdom
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Hardware Engineering Manager
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.
What does the job involve?
* Responsible for the completion of a set of engineering design/development tasks within the committed cost, schedule, performance and required level of quality.
* Identifies the required skills, allocates responsibilities to the various individual contributors and leads these contributors as a team.
* With the team, he/she identifies, schedules, co-ordinates and monitors the implementation of tasks.
* Manages advanced studies dealing with new functions as well as emerging technologies, as required.
* Is in charge of tasks focused on preparing, defining, specifying, tooling and performing IVVQ activities (as IVVQ Manager Role).
What are we looking for?
* Able to work efficiently and autonomously.
* Experience of working in and understanding the Engineering Lifecycle.
* Project Management experience would be useful
* This is an exciting, varied role that has excellent growth opportunities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!