7 months ago
Hardware Development Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Hardware Development Manager - Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7961S
MBDA :Level 4
Reports to: Chief Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Seeker and Datalink Systems team, where the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing seeker development activities. You will be involved with the latest technologies as we develop a new seeker product, ensuring it is fit for purpose for its intended use.
What are we looking for?
* We are looking for an RF professional to join our team in Stevenage.
* You will be able to demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of the RF domain
* You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and use of key tools like: HFSS, ADS, MATLAB, Microwave Studioetc.
* You will be able to demonstrate your interpersonal skills, and work collaboratively with adisparate range of stakeholders to ensure we meet the complex customer requirements
* You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of product life cycles from concept, production and through to in-service support.
* You will be able to demonstrate your project management skills to ensure the timely delivery of our projects.
What’s in it for you?
* This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
* You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
* You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
* There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker integration, trials and manufacture.
* You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
What would you get?
Flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
* Establish the hardware design definition and configuration including managing the design baselines through the development life cycle.
* Identify risk mitigation activities and cost down activities including managing the delivery of improvements at the required point of embodiment.
* Review the non-conformances identified during development build and recommended design changes required to resolve these.
* Support the Chief Design Engineer in reporting the technical progress and spend against the funded plans and justify additional activities including funding requirements.
* Work with the design team to verify that the performance of supplied parts is suitable against requirements including reviewing test documentation and test results.
What’s great about the team?
* The successful candidate will be joining an established dynamic and focused design team that have a range of skills and experience. The team also has some newer recruits that have integrated quickly within a supportive environment.
* The team have a common goal for the delivery of a seeker hardware solution that meets the customer’s requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
* The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA using various specialist suppliers.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fullfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.* Directorate
Engineering & Design|Systems Engineering/Design
Hardware Development Manager
* Job Ref no