11 months ago
As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy’s surface combatants.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- You will carry out general engineering tasks as required by the business.
- With the support of other members of the team, carry out more specialised architecting tasks associated with design for the sub sea environment.
- Actively make steps to learn from other members of the Thales family.
- Share their knowledge and experience with other members of the team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Specify, Capture and Manage the requirement set.
- Define the project Test & Integration Strategy.
- Agreeing the Integration, Verification and Validation Method and IVV Synopsis.
- Supporting the Thales team working on the projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
- Hardware Architecture Knowledge / System Engineering background.
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
- Understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive “can-do” mentality
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate a level of autonomy
- Must have Microsoft Office suite experience
- A logical approach to problem solving is required.
- DOORS experience
- Knowledge of SONAR Systems
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join Us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!