11 months ago
HAPS Certification and Airworthiness Manager
Airbus Defence & Space Farnborough
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Certification and Airworthiness Compliance Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Farnborough.
The successful applicant will join High Altitude Pseudo Satellite Team.
As a key member of the HAPS team you will be responsible for managing the Airworthiness and Certification Compliance of the Zephyr remotely piloted high altitude pseudo satellite system.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that the design solutions meet certification and airworthiness requirements throughout the design process and to facilitate an effective relationship with the design teams.
* Assess and Develop a baseline certification basis and overall certification strategy for the Zephyr platform
* Work with Regulatory Authorities to implement and influence the Zephyr certification strategy within the wider international UAV regulation environment
* Ensure that any reported failures, malfunctions and defects associated with the project are assessed in line with the responsibilities of a Design Approval holder to determine the effects on Continued Airworthiness.
* Ensure any necessary corrective actions are carried out in an appropriate timescale
The role will involve some travel for business and, as such, you must be able to travel accordingly
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* A good aviation background based in the design/engineering discipline
* A broad engineering knowledge of aircraft airframe and systems
* A working knowledge of EASA IR 21J DOA obligations
* A good working knowledge of certification codes
* A good working knowledge of and well-practiced in continued airworthiness procedures
* Experience in Safety Occurrence Reporting and Mandatory Occurrence Report Management
* An understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes
* Ability to plan and priorities workload in a dynamic business environment
* Well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to assess evidence and present conclusions based on that evidence in a logical and structured fashion
* Knowledge of military certification
* Working knowledge of EASA Part M and Part 145 Regulation
* Computer literate in MS Office applications
* Experience of working with Regulatory Authorities such as the MAA, CAA, EASA etc. would be a distinct advantage