5 months ago
About The Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Group Manager to be responsible for leading day to day operational matters associated with their teams. You will support the Group Director in leadership of people, projects, clients and business performance.
A typical week would include:
* Supporting the Group by supporting and demonstrating a client and project centred culture in the Group. Represent the business internally and externally as appropriate.
* Managing risk and opportunity through implementation of effective control and review measures.
* Responsibility for the management and leadership of teams in day to day operational matters.
* Maintaining an overview of workload, utilisations and associated resource requirements and work with team leaders as appropriate to ensure resources are fully utilised within technical capability.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Excellent inter-personal skills with good leadership and management abilities; capable of communicating effectively with all parts of the business.
* Direct knowledge of the technical project delivery activities.
* Good stakeholder management and related relationship and excellent team management skills.
* The desire to constantly improve, motivate and encourage others; leads and implements change programmes; inspires colleagues and drives an innovative and supportive culture. Acts as a catalyst for change.
* A broad range of project experience, both within discipline and multi-disciplinary.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.