2 months ago
Carry out general construction work, ensuring it meets the client’s expectations, and Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
• Carry out various tasks as directed by the Site Manager, including:
- Preparing site compounds.
- Installing haul roads.
- Working in and around watercourses
- Install and maintain over-pumping systems.
- Concreting activities.
- Earthworks operations to flood banks etc
- Small scale piling operations.
- Cofferdam installations.
- Flags and block paving.
- Installing and monitoring silt control and environmental constraints.
• Ensure timesheets are submitted accurately and on time.
• Adhere to company absence reporting procedure.
• Excellent Health, Safety & Environmental practices at the heart of every activity
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
• The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
• To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
• To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• Work safely and efficiently.
• Client Feedback.
• Standard of work.
Experience and Qualifications
• A valid UK driving licence - essential.
• CPCS accreditations - essential
• Confined space training – preferred.
• Street works qualifications - preferred.
• Water Safety/Environmental experience – preferred
• Has a “can do/ will do” attitude.
• Is punctual and reliable.
• To work safely and efficiently.
• Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks
• Displays good time management skills.
• Polite and approachable at all times.
• Is open to new ideas and listens to other people’s point of view.
• Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development.
• Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
• Communicates clearly and appropriately.