about 1 month ago
Grounds Maintenance OperativeGrounds Maintenance Operative
Application closing date
Field Based West (Surrey/Hamps/Berks)Field Based West (Surrey/Hamps/Berks)
Grade A/Operations - Up to £22,500.00 per annum dependant on experienceGrade A/Operations - Up to £22,500.00 per annum dependant on experience
We are looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Operative in our Operations team in our Western Region covering Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire area.
The key purpose of these roles is to ensure all grounds maintenance activities undertaken are delivered to the highest possible standard.
Main responsibilities will include:
* To undertake all Grounds Maintenance related activity on a diverse range of company Operational sites, land, property and the Head Office Campus Grounds. Work includes, but is not limited to, mowing large grassed areas including storage reservoir embankments, strimming, debris/leaf blowing, edge cutting, weeding, hedge cutting, minor tree work, fencing, gulley emptying, litter picking, evasive/reportable weed control and snow clearing.
* Ensure all cutting schedules are completed within defined timescales.
* Ensure all machinery is operated in accordance with the manufacturers operating instructions.
* Ensure all machinery and equipment is kept in a serviceable condition and complete relevant documentation for audit and inspection purposes.
* Ensure all tasks are undertaken with due consideration to related Health & Safety Regulations, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Company Policy and Procedures and the Environment whilst ensuring care and consideration for adjoining land/property owners and members of the public.
* Basic facility maintenance work including, but not limited to, decoration, temporary security repairs, emergency cover repairs and any other relevant work.
In order to fulfil this role, the successful candidates should:
* Be a driven, hard-working individual/team player, enthusiastic, reliable and conscientious.
* Hold a full, clean, driving licence and have experience of driving light commercial vehicles and towing trailers.
* Be experienced with grass cutting, hedge cutting, basic tree cutting, herbicide application, shrub bed maintenance, weed control, pruning skills and other grounds maintenance tasks.
* Have the ability to undertake fencing/gate repairs and renewals.
* Hold the relevant qualifications and be able to demonstrate experience with operating powered machinery including; chainsaws, mowers, tractors, strimmers and leaf blowers.
* Be able to work unsupervised and as part of a team and have a good eye for detail.
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave pro rata, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.