about 1 year ago
Graphic Designer and Communications Advisor (m/f)-TGGO-UKDY01505296
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees, our customers and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on high quality, leading-edge projects that will drive your career forward.
We are currently looking to recruit a Graphic Designer and Communications Advisor (m/f) based in Derby, United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
With a Degree in Graphic Design, the Graphic Designer and Communications Advisor will create high quality marketing and communications materials for external and internal audiences, and will also be responsible of researching, planning, designing, approval process, distributing and maintaining.
The person in this role will also act as a guardian of the visual identity (brand image and corporate style), responsible for enforcing the brand guidelines and further developing brand recognition and awareness, to protect and maintain the image of the Bombardier Transportation brand as well as its product and solutions brands.
This includes the creation of visually compelling concepts, presentations, brochures, datasheets, advertisements, event artwork, social media content, graphics, infographics and other marketing tools and channels, to effectively convey the strengths of the company and its products, solutions and services.
In this role, the job holder will provide graphic design consultancy from the initial conception of an idea through to print ready/deliverable artwork and bring a creative edge to Bombardier Transportation’s communications. He/she will also contribute to the strategy and message development by sometimes writing, editing or proofreading, depending on the occasion.
It will be necessary to manage several projects at a time and bring creative and innovative skills to define design briefs within the constraints of cost and time.
- Degree in Graphic Design (or equivalent qualification) and a keen interest in marketing/product promotion;
- Relevant experience on graphic design in a B2B environment (industry or agency);
- Advanced user in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop required, as well as Microsoft Windows and Office products;
- Copywriting skills in English language, editorial and proofreading abilities;
- Native/strong fluent English is a requirement plus and fluency in a second language is an advantage;
- Knowledge of social media/digital marketing is an advantage and so are skills in photography and videography;
- Able to demonstrate artistic ability and creativity;
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential;
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability/flexibility to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Team player but also able to use initiative and work independently as required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; sensitive to confidentiality;
- Hands-on approach, self-motivated, flexible and able to progress and prioritize a high volume of work to meet tight deadlines.
Job: Graphic Design
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular