21 days ago
Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh or Sheffield
*Applications will close on 11th June 2021. We may close before the deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment
Our two-year Graduate Development Programme starts you on a journey to develop your career in a challenging, dynamic and supportive work environment. We’ll give you a real role from day one, so you’ll get invaluable experience and exposure working on varied and exciting projects for a large, diverse and ambitious organisation.
We want graduates who excel in their subject and who’ll bring talent, drive and fresh thinking to help propel our business forward. In return, we’ll provide you with all the support you need to achieve your career goals, because we want you to be successful and grow your career with us.
If you have determination, adaptability and an ambition to become a technical expert in your field, then our graduate development programme could be for you. The programme will set you on a clear path to achieving excellence in your career.
* As a Graduate in our team, you will provide technical input into a variety of Transport Planning projects and help ensure the delivery of all specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
* A competitive starting salary (£26,500 per year) rising in line with your progress and achievements
* Experience of working both as part of a dedicated specialist team and also collaborating with wider, multi-disciplinary teams providing input for larger projects
* A structured programme of targeted training and development activities, with a mentor assigned to support you through completion of the Professional Development Scheme designed to help you work towards professional qualification
We want to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum 2.2 degree in either of the following disciplines:
* Transport Planning, Geography, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Data Analyst or Economics
* Able to be based from either our Edinburgh, Belfast, Birmingham or Sheffield offices
* Available to join the programme in September 2021
* Passion for developing your skills both professionally and personally
* The commitment and drive to complete professional registration (Chartership) in CTTP or CEng
* IT literate
* Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
* Good interpersonal and team working skills, with evidence of problem-solving ability
* Self-motivated with the ability to plan and manage time
* Relevant work experience would be advantageous
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme:
* A competitive starting salary from £26,500 per annum, and you’ll have annual salary reviews based on your performance
* As an Amey employee, you’ll be eligible for our wider benefits and rewards for example, professional subscriptions, our Employee Assistance Programme, Save with Amey – a fantastic discount scheme for all employees and not to forget our Amey Flexible Benefits Programme where you can opt for benefits that suit you
* You’ll receive mentoring and guidance from senior colleagues you’ll be working closely with
* We as a business will support you every step of the way; you’ll have a manager to mentor your progress, a buddy to guide you whilst on programme and access to a dedicated Early Careers community to support you
* To support with your personal development, you’ll take part in development with the wider Graduate community as well as Wellbeing events to ensure you’re getting the support you need
What else is better about working for Amey?
At Amey Consulting we deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners; giving you the unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you deliver your best. We’re proud of what we do, because we’re all given the freedom to perform - it’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask the right questions to arrive at smarter solutions because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means smarter outcomes for our clients, our communities and ourselves.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.