10 months ago
Graduate Transport Planner
WYG Transport Planning are looking to recruit a Graduate Transport Planner in our Glasgow or Edinburgh office.
We are rapidly expanding in Scotland and are seeking a career minded, driven graduate who has an appetite to get involved in a broad portfolio of studies. The business offers exciting growth prospects and the benefits of a certified career progression scheme.
You will join, and complement, a team of consultants and technicians working on a variety of transport planning and engineering projects. As a Transport Planner you will be involved in contributing to the delivery of a wide range of strategic transport projects for various high profile private and public sector clients across the UK.
You should have an appropriate academic background such as a BEng in Civil & Transport Engineering or a BSc in Engineering, Geography, Economics or a similar discipline with experience in Transport Planning or a related field.
We will also expect you to have the following qualities:
* Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved
* Excellent communication skills
* Working independently and innovatively, solving problems in an effective manner; and
* An ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports using appropriate transport appraisal techniques.
* An ability to work as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team
* An MSc in a Transport related discipline, or similar, would be an advantage but we will also consider equivalent experience
We would also like you to have some or all of the following: A good range of experience of local Transport Planning work such as travel plans, network management, data collection, business case development or similar. Experience in the use of CAD is required.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer several benefits for employees, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including additional holiday and travel insurance. You will also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.