25 days ago
Amey Graduate Development Programme
Our two-year Graduate Development Programme starts you on a journey to develop your career in a challenging, dynamic and supportive work environment. We’ll give you a real role from day one, so you’ll get invaluable experience and exposure working on varied and exciting projects for a large, diverse and ambitious organisation.
We want graduates who excel in their subject and who’ll bring talent, drive and fresh thinking to help propel our business forward. In return, we’ll provide you with all the support you need to achieve your career goals, because we want you to be successful and grow your career with us.
Based in Cardiff and London we work in conjunction with Amey Keolis Infrastructure Limited who are charged by Transport for Wales with delivering the infrastructure improvement works on the Cardiff Valley Lines that will facilitate a metro style rail service for the benefit of the wider Cardiff area in the future.
Our partnership with Amey Keolis Infrastructure commenced in early 2020 following the transfer of the Cardiff Valley Lines property and infrastructure from Network Rail to Transport for Wales.
Proactively managing the Cardiff Valley Lines property portfolio will play an essential role in facilitating the delivery of the infrastructure improvement works that will deliver improvements to the daily commute of millions of passengers and boost the local economy.
What will this role involve?
You will be part of the wider Amey TPT team (which itself sits within the Amey Consulting Division) which provides estate management and consulting services to a wide range of transport operators across the United Kingdom. Our team of c15 professionals has a diverse experience base, with Chartered Surveyors and Accountants as well as seasoned commercial managers.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
* Assist in the management of a diverse mixed portfolio with a degree of autonomy, but delivered within contractual and statutory requirements, efficiently and effectively to maximise returns to our clients.
* Organise and/or attend site surveys and inspections from time to time as necessary
* To ensure all policies and practices of the RICS are consistently delivered to the required standards
* To have a thorough understanding of property management accounting concepts ensuring rent, service charge and other such invoices are issued to tenants in a timely manner.
* Working with the credit control team to ensure that income is collected on time with arears minimised.
* Liaise in a timely manner with clients and colleagues in the management of lease events such as rent reviews, lease renewals etc
* To assist in the preparation of the periodic report for the client
* Ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained across the portfolio with tenants recording their compliances.
* To receive enquiries from tenants, clients, colleagues and other stakeholders concerning the portfolio and deal with those enquiries and any issues in a timely manner.
* Assist in the resolution of disputes of encroachments along the network
Primarily based in Cardiff, however you will be required to make regular site visits in the Cardiff area and to make occasional visits to our London office for whole team training and/or briefing.
You will from time to time be asked to assist on other portfolios within the company’s management.
We have a progressive, flexible attitude towards accommodating work life balance and flexible/agile working.
The successful candidate will be expected to commit to the relevant APC pathway and work towards membership of the RICS in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking graduates who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders. You’ll also have:
* Minimum 2:2 degree [RICS accredited degree]
* Available to join in August/September 2020
* Computer literate including e-mail, database, word processing, spreadsheets.
* Commitment to studying towards professional qualification via formal pathway
* Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Attention to detail
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package as well as supporting all graduates to gain a professional qualification through a Professional Institution. We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with. Over two years, you’ll cover personal development, business skills and business improvement techniques. We’ll pay you a competitive starting salary, and if you perform well, we’ll give you a pay rise every six months whilst on the graduate programme. At the end of the programme you can expect to progress into the next level of your chosen career.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.