6 months ago
Graduate Software Engineer 2020 - Derby
Job number: UK14787
Career area: Graduate
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Closing Date applications are open until 16th March 2020; however Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Our Software Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited scheme. You will contribute to software projects within Balfour Beatty Rail Technologies by undertaking analysis, design, and development activities in line with the business software development process, software quality plans, and all other internal quality processes.
You will develop robust maintainable software for projects allocated by the business and support the full project lifecycle as required from requirements capture through to final testing.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years; you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, youll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Who we're looking for
* A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate)
* A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
* A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
What youll need:
* A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) in Software Engineering or Computer Science
* Experience of Visual Studio development environment, C# or C++. Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a bonus
* Basic understanding of LINQ, SQL, SQL Server, Lambda expressions
* Experience within an engineering environment
* Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Our Software Engineering Graduate schemes are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
* Balfour Beatty Rail
To apply online, follow the link below:
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (Two Ticks) symbol and we are a member of Stonewalls Diversity Champions programme.