3 months ago
Graduate Site Manager - Partnerships - Bristol - (180000OH)
For over 100 years, Galliford Try have helped to shape towns and cities across the UK; our businesses cover housebuilding and regeneration, construction and infrastructure. Through our sustainable approach to construction we support those communities too by ensuing that our work done safely to protect our own employees, subcontractors and public. We take a strategic approach to protecting the environment around us and ensure that our supply chain is aligned to these values.
We are a profitable company and as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange, we recognise that hard work needs to be rewarded and joining Galliford Try as a Graduate we can offer you the opportunity to work on high profile and innovative projects. Due to the size and scale of the company, you are in control of your own career and can seize the opportunities for growth and professional development on offer.
Part of our Housebuilding Division, Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and Other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
* As a Graduate Site Manager, you will support the delivery of building projects across the region, ensuring quality deliver to time and budget.
* Directing labour, plant, staff and equipment to ensure successful project completion
* Participating in team management on site to ensure that performance against contractual targets are met
* Encourage team working across site to ensure compliance to Group Health and Safety (H&S) policies and strive to achieve maximum marks of internal H&S
* Manage close relationships with the Buying and Surveying teams to ensure quality procurement and subcontract services
* Train and develop site staff on an ongoing basis and participate in staff reviews and appraisals
You will also be enrolled on the Graduate Programme so there will be a requirement to attend all learning modules, pre-work and assessments as required.
The role would be well suited to a graduate from a Construction Management, Project Management, Built Environment (or similar) background with a minimum of a Second-Class Honours undergraduate degree
Computer literate and able to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a good standard.
A confident ambassador of the company
Ability to interpret, simplify and respond to complex documents and legislations and good analytical skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders
You will be enrolled in an 18-month Graduate Development Programme with modules designed to develop your leaderships skills and prepare you for your future career. You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary, a car allowance (role depending) and a range of
Other generous benefits including contributory pension, healthcare and discounted retail schemes.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location : Avon
Job : Construction (Site Management)
Organization : Partnerships Division OU 4001
Job Type : Graduate Job
Job Posting : Sep 18, 2018, 3:58:25 PM