29 days ago
Graduate Site Engineer
Working as a Site Engineer with Welsh Water will see your role have many responsibilities, with the key responsibilities below:
• Assist with monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records
• Co-ordinate site engineering control activities to satisfy contract programme requirements, assisting or carrying out setting out as necessary
• Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations as per the test and inspection, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors
• Carry out ‘as built’ surveys on completed works
· Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, ensuring Company systems and procedures are in place and implemented.
· Support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards throughout the project
· Support the site team in planning ahead and monitoring output.
· Ensure company cost systems are kept up to data by logging material deliveries, managing and reviewing plant levels
· Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
· Liaise and co-ordinate with the site team, design team, support services and the supply chain to ensure successful project or milestone completion
What you’ll bring
· A degree in a subject relevant to civil engineering (recently graduated) plus a full UK driving license
.· Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and problem-solve.
· Excellent commercial awareness
· A positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure
· Strong organisational, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
About JN Bentley
JN Bentley – part of the global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald – is a leading civil engineering and construction company, delivering design-and-build projects with clients in the water sector and beyond, across the UK.
We directly employ over 1,300 people across 9 office locations and hundreds of construction sites nationwide. We have a turnover in excess of £300 million, delivered by our water utilities design and build business Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB), our environmental design and build business Jeremy Benn Associates-Bentley (JBA-B) and directly by JN Bentley.
At JN Bentley we believe that when we care about what we do, we do it better. Because we care about our people - keeping them safe, making sure they are happy, enjoy coming to work and feel valued - we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and where the rewards are shared.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business. This role is likely to be predominantly home based, with opportunity for some office working.
Job category (multi-select)
Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Utility, Water
Graduate Site Engineer | Mott MacDonald