6 months ago
Graduates, interns and placements are key to the overall success of CH2M. We invest in initial career experience of graduates, interns and apprentices through the summer internship and graduate development programme. This serves as the foundation to building our pipeline of future leaders.
Additionally, through offering opportunities via our initial career experience programmes, we also intend to showcase the nature of our industry to our future leaders and provide you with an opportunity to work on projects that improve the lives of people around the world and in the communities in which we live in.
We are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena
Our Rail team focuses on projects for Network Rail and Transport for London. Recently, they have been working on projects such as Crossrail 2, High Speed 2, East of Leeds Remodeling and Sheffield Tram Train.
As a graduate working within Rail at our York office, you will be involved in the following tasks related to rail signaling systems:
* Site Surveys
* Feasibility and Preliminary Designs
* Scheme Plan Development
* Detailed Designs
* Preparation of Contract Documentation
You can work towards registration as a Chartered Engineer and will also gain experience in:
* Project Management (commercial and financial)
* Design and the application of Technical Standards
* Safety, Health, Environment and Quality processes
* Business Development
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
We expect our candidates to have graduated with or expecting to graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 Master’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* Excellent communication verbal and written
* Ability to work in a team
* High motivation to join CH2M
* Interest in rail signaling systems design
* Ability to use and willingness to learn a range of office standard and Rail design software
If you are interested in applying to us for these roles please submit your application with an up-to-date resume.
Your CV/ Resume should be no more than one to two pages and should include (as a minimum) the following:
• Your contact details (email ID, contact number, address)
• Educational qualifications, including the grades you’ve received. If you are an international student, please tell us about your grades, regardless of the form they take (percentages are welcome, as well as other types of grades – feel free to describe them so that we understand what they mean for you and your school)
• Professional certifications (if any)
• Any interesting projects or internships you’ve undertaken, and any other information that you think will help our team get to know you professionally