about 1 year ago
Stantec Treatment are looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Graduate Cost Manager for our @one Alliance (Anglian Water) framework based out of the client’s offices in Peterborough for 2018 intake.
As a Graduate Cost Manager you will support the Senior Cost manager and Commercial Project Manager by assisting with the control of costs, whilst maximizing value and minimizing future liabilities.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. In the current AMP cycle the Alliance is programmed to design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1billion.
We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres and associated pipework that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region. The Alliance is renowned for promoting from within so highly motivated and skilled individuals will have the opportunity to progress.
You will report directly to the Senior Cost Manger and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:-
• Work within the project teams liaising with the Senior Cost Managers, Project Commercial Managers, Project Managers, Technical Delivery Managers, Procurement Buyers, Procurement Schedulers, Planners and Site Managers.
• Assist in improving cost efficiency and creating an environment of outperformance.
• Provide assistance with preparation of integrated cost forecasts for projects including the provision of cost reports out of CCMS either weekly or otherwise as agreed.
• Analyse individual cost items to assist in measuring cost efficiency improvements.
• Accurately report withheld, disputed or disallowed costs and assist with resolution of disputes.
• Assist with subcontract preparation, measurement of interim & final accounts & support the SCM in relation to disputed subcontract accounts & claims.
• Monitor & expedite payments from the client.
• Ensure contract files and records are maintained and keep up to date.
• Assist in preparation of cash forecasts.
• Ensure Project Final Accounts are prepared timely and accurately.
• Ensure financial information for audits is collated and cost assurance processes are followed.
• Ensure actual costs are collated in accordance with the respective Work Breakdown Structure and all cost base requirements are captured.
• Assist the programme area estimator in pricing additional and varied works including solution cost analysis and transfer of data to CCMS and home organization commercial plans.
• Embrace the use of CCMS within the Alliance for integrated project cost management and purchase to pay, and assist the project teams in operating CCMS correctly and effectively for both project cost management and purchase to pay.
•A degree in Quantity Surveying or associated relevant qualification.
•Proficient in general IT applications such as MS Office, with particular emphasis on the management and manipulation of spreadsheets in Excel.
•High degree of commercial awareness
We are an equal opportunities employer