about 1 year ago
Job Title : Graduate Project Manager
Location : Oxford
Category : Graduate
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable - Depending on Experience
Reference # : RG1614
Graduate Project Manager
Do you want a career in Project Management working for a multi award winning property and construction consultancy where you will be involved in projects worth up to £300M for ground breaking clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc?
At Ridge and Partners, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. The Project Management team fully embrace this philosophy by drawing on the vast amount of knowledge, expertise and experience gained from working in diverse sectors and projects around the world. Our abilities at managing out risk and inefficiency and driving projects forward to deliver real value are essential elements of our service and combine to produce exceptional results.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an opportunity for a Graduate Project Manager. You will join our significantly (Over 30 Project Managers in 8 UK locations) experienced and talented Project Management Team based at our idyllic headquarters offices with over 200 staff in the grounds of Blenheim Palace – Oxford.
* Assisting with the day to day delivery of projects
* Undertake contact administration
* Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget, risk register etc
* Maintain a robust document management system
* Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
* Assist with conduct feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation, etc
* Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
* Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the contractor’s design is done in compliance with the contract and specification
* Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract
* Liaise with the client on deviations from specification, budget etc.
* Conduct pre-start and handover meetings
* Ensure that all CDM regulations have been followed throughout the delivery of project
* Manage logistics and resource allocation to ensure delivery of project
* Provide single point of contact taking responsibility for all aspects of the project and liaise with the client
* BSc/MSc in a related or non-related subjects
* High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc)
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating commercial awareness and exhibiting the ability to get the job done!
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
• Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 26th October 2019