8 months ago
Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Engineer - Hardware
Can you demonstrate a real interest in technology/IT/Telecommunications, either through work experience or perhaps a hobby? If so, we are actively seeking candidates for the role of Graduate Product Specialist in the Tier 3 technical support team in the R&D organisation.
You will be based in Uxbridge, UK, and be part of a small but highly experienced team of video conferencing experts and work closely with the local development teams in supporting Cisco's video conferencing products.
We are looking for engineers with very good ‘A’ levels or equivalent and a first or upper second-class degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline.
As a product specialist, you will work in a fast paced environment where you will be facing different and complex challenges and learn new things every day. You will quickly build a deep technical knowledge of our products as well as other video conferencing solutions. As a graduate in the team, you will have the opportunity to take on responsibilities very early on and have hands-on experience with our products that will help you to become an acknowledged product expert in Cisco. As a product specialist, you will play a pivotal role in aiding and educating Cisco's broader support organisations, dealing with challenging customer problems and creating a bridge between R&D and the various customer-facing teams.
It is an opportunity for a person who is interested in software development, technical problem-solving, QA and customer support. In return we offer the opportunity to work alongside the best engineers in the industry, responsible for creating and supporting some of the world's leading-edge technologies.
Primary responsibilities of Graduate Product Specialist (R&D Escalations):
· Technical product specialisation in one or more Cisco collaboration products and overall knowledge of the solution.
· Final tier of support in Cisco, working directly with Cisco's global support organisations and other Cisco Business Units (BUs).
· Troubleshoot complex customer problems and work closely with development and QA to drive solutions for product defects.
· Manage high priority customer escalations and drive maintenance releases.
· Strong hands-on networking and telecommunication protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, SIP, real-time video/audio codecs etc.)
· Build and maintain product knowledgebase and be the first point-of-contact for other Cisco engineering teams.
· Create, develop and maintain tools and systems to aid support role.
· Help shape future features to ensure the best field supportability.
· Strong technical aptitude to understand/analyse/reproduce challenging problems for high priority customer engagements.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the right temperament for a customer facing role.
· Ability to grasp new technologies, willingness to learn and have a genuine interest in troubleshooting challenging problems
· Ability to work under pressure for multiple demanding customer escalations
· Excellent team working skills but also able to self-motivate and take initiatives
· Excellent mathematical or technical/science-based qualifications.
· Good understanding of TCP/IP networking is desirable.
· Programming knowledge (e.g. Python, C/C++) is useful.
· BSc/ BEng/MSc/MEng from a top ranked university with 1st or 2:1 honours degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines.
· A minimum of AAB at 'A' level or equivalent.
· Recent graduate or due to graduate with bachelors or masters degree
· Ability to live and work in the UK with no additional sponsorship from Cisco
· Must be fluent in English