about 1 year ago
Graduate Process Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-66087
Work Location :GB-Durham-Darlington
Department / Discipline : Process
Position Type : Graduate
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Graduate Process Engineer to join the Process Engineering team at our Onshore Projects Hub in Darlington, UK, starting in September 2020. Our structured Graduate Programme is consistently recognised as one of the best programmes within the industry.
The deadline for applications is 31st January 2020
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
* As a Graduate Process Engineer you will be involved in undertaking process design activities on our current projects. This will include undertaking calculations for heat and material balances, hydraulics, equipment sizing and safety related devices as well as preparing documents and drawings such as Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment Specifications and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
* You will also gain exposure to the Safety and Environmental aspects of process design work
* Accredited graduate scheme with the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
* Structured training with regular development reviews for the first two years followed by two additional years of career development
* Each graduate is assigned a buddy, mentor (Chartered Engineer), a departmental manager and a graduate development advisor to ensure you are supported in your personal and professional development to gain chartered status
* Exposure to a variety of projects, early responsibility and hands-on involvement on projects alongside supportive experienced engineers
* Opportunities to enhance non-technical skills by contributing towards our Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math’s (STEM) scheme, Industry days and work experience programme
* Opportunities for site placements and visits in the UK and overseas
* Rotations where available into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience in order to become a well-rounded Engineer
* Competitive salary
* Access to a range of excellent employee benefits
Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum 2:1 degree in a Chemical Engineering related discipline which must be an IChemE accredited degree to MEng level
* Applicants with IChemE accredited BEng are welcome but must demonstrate commitment to the Further Learning requirements required by the IChemE to attain chartered membership.
* Enthusiasm to work and develop your career in Process Engineering within the Oil and Gas Industry
* Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
* Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
* Must have the right to work in UK
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.