2 months ago
Graduate Platform Engineer 2020
Location : Telford
Start Date: June 2021
Salary: £30,000 base plus flexible benefits
Who you’ll be working with
Our industry-leading developing and engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for some of the world’s most imaginative websites, applications and technical advancements, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today’s technology – instead developing for tomorrow’s needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting out in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
The Focus of Your Role
From your first meeting with a client through to the finished product, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining cutting-edge applications and the environments they will function in. With clients ranging from the Royal Mail to the Home Office, your work will make a massive impact on the British public, and further afield for our international clientele.
What you’ll do
* You’ll develop and maintain bespoke solutions for a varied client base, which includes both the public and private sectors – drawing on different languages, methods and approaches.
* You’ll support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes.
* You’ll take responsibility for components of a much larger system, writing code to complement that which is being developed by colleagues.
* You’ll be working within a DevOps team, which work with a set of practices that break down the traditional barriers between software development and IT operations. DevOps Engineers work as part of cross-functional teams, with an aim to reduce the time it takes for new software to be delivered into production.
What you’ll bring
* A bachelor’s degree, relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software. A basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial.
* Most importantly, we want people with an appetite for learning new technologies. DevOps is a constantly evolving field!
* If you’ve got a passion for IT and can demonstrate a competency and experience in computing
* Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements.
* The ability to convey complex concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience.
Note: You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements). You will be required to work away from home during the week after the initial training period.
What we’ll offer you
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects – and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities.
With DevOps Engineers in high demand, we’ve set up the Platform Engineer Academy – an initiative to develop talent to become highly skilled Platform Engineers. The initial 14-week training will be a varied schedule of online training, along with hands-on exercises led by experienced practitioners. On successful completion of the initial training, you’ll be placed on a client DevOps engagement at one of several UK locations.
During and after the Academy, you’ll be given the appropriate support to learn from our experienced engineers. Capgemini believes this gives the best introduction to a role in DevOps and allows you to develop your skills in a real environment.
What you'll learn
• Linux fundamentals
• Cloud services (including AWS and Azure)
• Agile working
• Infrastructure as Code
• Continuous integration and continuous delivery, and the tools we use.
• Containerisation, including Docker, and orchestration with Kubernetes.
• Monitoring and logging
At Capgemini, we don’t just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It’s a passion that our people share too. So if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you’ll be a natural fit here.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
February 9, 2021
Graduate or Apprentice
Permanent Full Time
Telecom, Media & Technology