2 months ago
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 21-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Why Black & Veatch?
It’s what we do. Why? Because we’re driven by solving clients’ complex problems, building relationships and fulfilling our Mission of Building a World of Difference®.
Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world. Every day, we’re doing work that improves lives, sparks economic development, strengthens public health and changes communities for the better.
As a Black & Veatch professional, you’ll be working on sustainable solutions to some of today’s biggest energy, water and communications challenges. We have more than 100 offices worldwide and projects in more than 100 countries. This means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects all over the world. In addition we offer excellent benefits like:
Pension (8% employer contribution when employee contributes 5%)
Company funded life assurance
Company funded income protection
Company funded private medical insurance
Online benefits scheme offering a wide range of flexible benefits
Season ticket loan
Are you ready to Rise to the Challenge?
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Black & Veatch is looking for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to be based in our UK offices, working within our Design & Build group on UK Water Engineering projects.
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you will be taking part in our development programme. You will be a valued member of our highly experienced and widely respected team at Black and Veatch.
Black and Veatch treat each Graduate Engineer as an individual and will provide all relevant training, development and support so that you may further your engineering career. We are a diverse and energetic team and you will play a key role in contributing to our team’s and companies success.
Black & Veatch offers you possibilities on an international scale with over 100 offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 plus countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Black & Veatch can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
• Undertaking outline and detail design, both individually (under supervision) and as part of a wider team, for projects within specified timescales.
• Assisting with the producing site plans, general arrangements and calculations, using approved engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Working alongside other professionals and JV construction partners, in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Co-ordinating work with other Black & Veatch offices and liaising with engineers and other professionals in the wider B&V, providing adequate information to enable projects to be progressed effectively.
• Assisting with preparation of technical and non-technical reports.
• Ensuring the mechanical design takes account of buildability and H&S requirements.
• Liaison with internal and external stakeholders at an appropriate level to ensure the mechanical design is communicated effectively.
Key relationships and personnel for whom this person will be responsible:
• Working in a developed team so must be able to work honestly and openly in a team environment.
• A team player, with an ability to develop as workload grows.
Full time & Part time will be considered for this role.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Desire to work proactively towards Incorporated or Chartered membership of the ICE, CIWEM or other equivalent institutions
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.