about 1 year ago
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID :2020-69833
Work Location :GB-West Sussex-Horsham
Department / Discipline : Mechanical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Transmission & Distribution
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Transmission & Distribution are currently recruiting a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join their Engineering Design Team in Horsham, West Sussex, starting in September 2020. Our structured Graduate Programme is consistently recognised as one of the best programmes within the industry.
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
* Structured training with regular development reviews for the first two years followed by two additional years of career development
* Each graduate is assigned a buddy, mentor (Chartered Engineer), a departmental manager and a graduate development adviser to ensure you are supported in your personal and professional development to gain chartered status
* Exposure to a variety of projects, early responsibility and hands-on involvement on projects alongside supportive experienced engineers
* Competitive salary
* Access to a range of excellent employee benefits
Job Objective, Roles and Responsibilities:
* Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through
* Executing assigned scopes of work.
* Providing discipline expertise to the business
* Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
* Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
* Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
* Provide discipline support to the business.
* Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
* Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
* Executing assigned personal objectives.
* Continue to develop team working & communication skills.
* Interact with multi-discipline engineering teams
Skills / Qualifications
* Engineering Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent professional qualification with relevant industry experience.
* Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position.
* Enthusiasm to work and develop your career in Engineering within the Transmission & Distribution Industry
* Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
* Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
* Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills.
* Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
* Must have the right to work in UK
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.